Filter Jobs by
RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Young Women’s Christian Association of Kenya was founded in 1912 with the cardinal aim of bringing together women and girls in an effort to build their capacities to address issues that affect them. The Association currently has seven regional branches; Mombasa, Kisumu, Meru, Nairobi, Kisii, Tana River and Siaya. Through these Branches it serves women and youth in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National General Secretary, the Human Resource Manager is expected to:
- Take lead in all recruitment and selection process, consult department heads for their recruitment needs and develop a strategy to ensure the gaps are covered including induction of new staff.
- Coordinate the attraction and retention of the right quality of employees required with the right skills and competencies.
- Manage, track and maintain a proper filing system for all HR records including recruitment, leave days, contracts of personnel, renewal of contracts, benefits, compensation etc. and confidentiality of the same observed.
- Implement and develop the HR policies and procedure ensuring all staff are aware of them.
- Act as a focal point for all staff grievances related issues including disciplinary action and administer staff welfare plans.
- Conduct a job evaluation survey to identify the necessary staffing needs.
- Manage all payroll systems, ensuring all dedications made e.g. statutory NSSF, NHIF, loans etc. and supervise salaries to staff and salary survey when needed and consulted by the NGS.
- Conduct performance appraisals and establishing an annual training and development plan.
- Conduct job evaluation survey to identify the necessary staffing needs.
- Draft job descriptions for all anticipated new position s and review current job description to make them in line with role requirements and all programs are running as required
- Take lead in Employee related matters, liaise with branch managers to ensure staff concerns, issues and grievances are managed and handled adequately and according to YWCA policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties that are assigned by the NGS.
- A degree in HRM, Social Sciences or a related degree.
- A post graduate Diploma in HRM.
- A certified member of Institute of HRM Kenya with effective IT skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and possess problem solving, tact, communication and negotiation skills.
Ladies are encouraged to apply and indicate salary expectations. Selection will be on a rolling basis. Previous Applicants Need Not Apply.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 30th May 2020.
National General Secretary