About UsFounded in 1912 by 15 British women, YWCA Kenya saw the need to have a safe space for a huge number of young women who were coming to town for employment encouraged by the colonial government. Over the years, YWCA Kenya has grown to be one of the leading women organization in Kenya implementing programs guided by the following thematic areas of programming; Leadership development, Education, Health, Social and economic empowerment, Peace building and conflict resolution, Climate change and environmental degradation, Advocacy for women and girls right, Physical safe space for women and girls and Social protection.
"An inclusive society in Kenya where girls and women actualize their potential and live fulfilled lives"
"We endeavor to be the leading non-profit making organization in Kenya that through volunteer membership, develops the leadership and collective power of girls and women, to achieve social, political, and economic empowerment on its Christian faith."
- To build a fellowship of women and girls devoted to the task of realizing those ideals of all aspects of human life;
- To support programmes that promotes sustainability and fulfillment of basic needs amongst women and girls;
- To assist and encourage women and girls to participate in projects and programmes aimed at raising their educational, social, health and economic standards, to enable them to effectively play their rightful role in the effort of nation building;
- To provide services such as hostels, community centers, safe spaces and Vocational Training Centres and any other service to enhance women’s well being
- To develop partnerships and collaborate with organizations and institutions whose work and programmes wholly or partially support the objectives of The Association; and,
- To cooperate with other National YWCA’s in matters of common interest and to interpret the policies of YWCA and effectively participate in their programmes