Integrated Approach to Reduce inequalities for an Inclusive Climate Resilience Society in Kenya
YWCA addresses the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through this programme primarily SDG 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities), and SDG 13 (Climate Action). We firmly believe that inclusion of all individuals and groups is vital in achieving our overarching program objective.
Results and Achievements;
1. Empowering Youth with Disabilities (YWDs): We recognize the importance of inclusion, particularly for vulnerable groups such as Youth with Disabilities, to ensure their voices are heard, and their needs are met in discussions related to minority and marginalized groups.
2. Policy Interventions: We've made significant strides in influencing policy changes to align with SDGs. Notable accomplishments include the development of climate change policies, gender mainstreaming policies, and disability policies in major counties in Kenya, such as Kisumu, Mombasa, and Nairobi.
3. Active Youth Participation: Our program has been successful in engaging youth in meaningful forums, both virtual and physical. These engagements have helped amplify youth voices and fostered proactive participation in climate action.
4. Inclusive Advocacy: We've successfully advocated for the inclusion of marginalized groups, including women and persons with disabilities, in key decision-making processes. Our advocacy efforts have been instrumental in pushing for more inclusive climate action policies.
5. Improved Access to Services: Through our interventions, we've enhanced access to vital services for marginalized communities. This includes mentorship, counselling, education support, and repair services, making a positive impact on the lives of beneficiaries.
YWCA Kenya is committed to making a lasting impact on Kenya's journey towards sustainable development. Our focus on gender equality, reduced inequalities, and climate action will continue to drive positive change and build an inclusive and resilient society in Kenya.