The Young Women’s Christian Association of Kenya was founded in 1912 with the cardinal aim of bringing together women and girls in an effort to build their capacities to address issues that affect them. The Association currently has seven regional branches; Mombasa, Kisumu, Meru, Nairobi, Kisii, Tana-River and Siaya. Through these Branches it serves women and youth in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of administrative and programme activities at the Branch level
- In charge of Human Resource Management in the Branch in liaison with the National Headquarters
- Ensure Resource Mobilization for Branch Programmes and Activities
- Ensure timely reporting to National Headquarters; Branch Standing Committees and donor agencies as may be required
- Overall management of the organization’s facilities in the Branch
- Oversee and ensure effective Programme Management at the Branch
- Responsible for Financial Management at the Branch and ensure that Internal Controls are adhered to
- Ensure Development and adherence to Annual Plans and Budgets as per the existing Strategic Plan
- Ensure Membership recruitment, development and retention at the Branch level
- Networking and collaboration with partners undertaking similar activities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Social Sciences/Project Management/Sociology/Development Management or
- Diploma and 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in Programme management and Community Development is mandatory
- Thorough understanding of Business administration and office management will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate with report writing skills
- Strong experience in offering operational support
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- MUST be a Christian aged between 30-40 years, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply. An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 22nd January 2021.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.