International Women's Day 2022 #BreakTheBias
International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Marked annually on March 8th IWD is a day celebrate women's achievements and raise awareness about women’s equality. This year’s theme is #BreakTheBias which highlights the importance of challenging biases and misconceptions so as to create a more inclusive and gender equal world.
The Young Women’s Christian Association will be taking part in the global campaign as a call to action and to raise awareness on issues that uplift women globally.
Join us in this global call.
Social media Toolkit https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U3nvYCgeU807zAkMAWucATGNzawU6YfJ?usp=sharing
Video: Record Yourself!
Please follow the instructions below, upload your video to Instagram, tag @ywca_kenya, and use #BreakTheBias in your post or story! We’ll be on the lookout for videos to repost and we’d love to feature as many voices as possible.
- Record yourself (or have someone else record you) and complete the following sentence while looking into the camera:
- “To me, breaking the bias, means …”
- See examples below. Sample responses could be:
- “To me, breaking the bias means reducing inequalities ‘’
- To me, breaking the bias means going against existing stereotypes’’
Upload your video to Instagram, tag @ywca_kenya, and use #BreakTheBias in your post or story.
Together, we can forge women's equality!