SRHR Training In Mombasa
YWCA Kenya conducted a training in Mombasa on 17th March, to create awareness on SRH policies and guidelines in order to improve the quality of life and well-being of young people as well as to strengthen capacity of the champions in life skill based SRHR, SDGs, Mental health and online and offline advocacy. The objectives of the training were:
- To create awareness and empower young people on their SRH Rights.
- To empower young people to make informed decisions freely without fear or restrictions on their SRH rights.
- To ensure that SRH is a key focus in the country and budgeted for in health sector budgeting.
- To push for implementation of existing SRH laws and policies that protects youth and adolescent people. (AGYW))
- To advocate for localization of signed SRHR treaties like Maputo protocol and Beijing declaration.
- To gain more knowledge of the gaps and issues affecting young people in the community.
The training was attended by champions (including PWDs) from Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta counties.